Taking steps into wellness and healing is about choice and change. Sometimes we want to take this journey on our own and at other times we want connection with others. A monthly drop-in group for patients and families has been designed to meet your needs for connection, learning and support.
In the meeting you will have time to meet others, share your ideas or concerns about your health and learn skills that put you in charge of your wellbeing.
The support group is designed to meet your emotional, psychological and social needs that may arise as a result of the treatment you receive from your Naturopathic physician. Topics for the group will be posted and or changed as group members express their learning needs. Some topics are:
- Managing stress and adjusting to change
- Learning mindfulness practices to support anxiety or depression
- Understanding the body-mind connection and your health
- Coping with a cancer diagnosis and managing through treatment
- Simple physical skills that provide awareness and self-support
- Mindfulness based art making that supports you to cope feel calm and find joy.
- Caring for self while caring for others, how to balance giving care and living life.
- Communication patterns for talking with family members about physical health concerns or diagnosis.
The group facilitator is Lee Crawford a Registered Clinical Counsellor; her counselling practice is located in Vancouver.
The first group meeting will take place at Yaletown Naturopathic Clinic on:
Friday, November 18th from 11AM to 1PM
and the third Friday of every month thereafter. If you are unable to make this time please contact the clinic as alternative times may be possible. The cost for the group is $30 per session.
To register your space in the group please contact email@example.com. Please provide your name and contact information. Get well, stay well.