Mental emotional support is available as part of our holistic approach to your care.
Often simply being heard is a large part of the healing process. Addressing mental emotional health is crucial on the path to healing. This can include counseling, making mind body connections that are unique and meaningful to the patient, breath work, affirmations, body work, and body sensation awareness, as well as identifying beliefs and challenges.
Many issues can arise as a result of mental emotional distress, including addictions, anxiety, depression, grief, OCD, PTSD, as well as more serious psychiatric conditions like Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Psychosis, etc.
Screening and support includes the following:
- Assessing Thyroid and Adrenal health
- Assessing for blood sugar imbalances
- Eliminating aggravating and inflammatory factors such as food sensitivities
- Improving sleep
- Learning to manage stress
- Correcting nutritional deficiencies such as essential fatty acids, B vitamins, protein, etc.
- Assessing gut health and its effect on the production of Serotonin and GABA
- Assessing for other neurotransmitter imbalances
- Referrals for coordinated and integrative care to mental health services if needed