Weight loss involves looking at all the factors that contribute to weight gain, not just a quick fix or fad diet. There is a lot of misinformation out there that can lead people to try a diet that is not right for them and ultimately lead them back to where they started or worse.
Long-term weight management involves addressing the following:
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Stress and improving sleep
- Thyroid and adrenal function
- Ensuring proper clearance of toxins from the body through cleansing
- Eliminating inflammatory sources such as food allergens
- Improving relationships with food and implementing lasting improvements to diet
- Activity that gets the body moving and sweating regularly and also adds enjoyment to your day
Nutrition and supplementation can be used in conjunction with other therapies to reduce the stress on your cells and maintain healthy levels of sugar in the blood.
Yaletown Naturopathic Clinic carries the Nourishing Meals cookbook for purchase which has over 330 healthy recipes for the whole family. This book is no longer in print, limited stock available. Can be purchased at the clinic or online.