Naturopaths see themselves as teachers as much as physicians, educating their patients in leading a new lifestyle that will help restore balance and heal their bodies. The aim of naturopathic medicine is to allow the body to return to its natural equilibrium.
If you want to improve your health and spring-clean your system, try these basic naturopathic tips:
1. Drink lots of water throughout the day. By drinking 8-10 glasses per day this can help to increase your energy level and restore balance to your digestive tract.
2. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds. Choose food that is organic and in season.
3. Cut down your intake of meat, dairy products, caffeine and alcohol.
4. Breathing exercises. Take time each day to focus on breathing fully and deeply. As you breathe in, your abdomen should push forwards and outwards. As you breathe out, it should move inwards.
5. Exercise regularly. Do not push yourself too hard at the beginning, start slowly and eventually you will be able to exert more effort. Yoga, Pilates, walking and swimming are excellent choices.
6. Try to get outside at least once a day. Fresh air and sunlight are essential for health and wellbeing.
7. Pay attention to your back. If your spine is out of alignment, your body will lose its natural equilibrium and other problems may arise.
8. Get your sleep. Sleep is incredibly important for our general health and wellbeing. Naturopathic medicine has various herbal remedies that are very effective at combating insomnia.
9. Listen to your body. Your body will tell you what it needs and when. If you are having difficulty with physical symptoms naturopathic medicine can offer simple solutions to get you through, such as remedies for hot flashes, hormonal imbalance and remedies for pain
10. Keep calm. Naturopathic medicine stresses the need for a calm mind as well as a clean body. Pick a mantra that you are comfortable with and repeat this to yourself on a daily basis.
Contact us today too book an appointment and begin your healing journey with the Yaletown Naturopathic Clinic. 604-235-8068