Taking steps into wellness and healing is about choice and change. Sometimes we want to take this journey on our own and at other times we want connection with others. A monthly drop-in group for patients and families has been designed to meet your needs for connection, learning and support.
In the meeting you will have time to meet others, share your ideas or concerns about your health and learn skills that put you in charge of your wellbeing.
The support group is designed to meet your emotional, psychological and social needs that may arise as a result of the treatment you receive from your Naturopathic physician. Topics for the group will be posted and or changed as group members express their learning needs. Some topics are:
- Managing stress and adjusting to change
- Learning mindfulness practices to support anxiety or depression
- Understanding the body-mind connection and your health
- Coping with a cancer diagnosis and managing through treatment
- Simple physical skills that provide awareness and self-support
- Mindfulness based art making that supports you to cope feel calm and find joy.
- Caring for self while caring for others, how to balance giving care and living life.
- Communication patterns for talking with family members about physical health concerns or diagnosis.
The group facilitator is Lee Crawford a Registered Clinical Counsellor; her counselling practice is located in Vancouver.
The first group meeting will take place at Yaletown Naturopathic Clinic on:
Friday, November 18th from 11AM to 1PM
and the third Friday of every month thereafter. If you are unable to make this time please contact the clinic as alternative times may be possible. The cost for the group is $30 per session.
To register your space in the group please contact our friendly front desk staff on 604-235-8068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and contact information.
More about Lee Crawford, RCC:
Lee has been providing counselling for children, youth, couples and adults since 1988. I have been providing Art Therapy since 2002. Her qualifications are:
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) # 0621 Certified in 1992 through the BC Association of Registered Clinical Counsellors
- Registered Art Therapist (BCATR) #0253-R Certified in 2009 through the BC Art Therapy Association.
- Registered Art Therapist (ATR) # 11-049 Certified in 2011 through the American Art Therapy AssociationAdditional Clinical Training:
- Completion of 7 years training in Moaiku Relational Trauma Therapy. 2008-2015. Taught and supervised by Merete Holm-Brantjberg
- Completion of 3 years training in Dynamic Attachment Patterning Experience (DARE). Relational and Attachment Therapy and Somatic Experiencing Therapy. Taught and supervised by Dianne Pool-Heller 2011-2014
- Completion of a counselling course for cancer patients and their families through the Canadian Association for Psychosocial Oncology (CAPO) 2010
- EMDR Certification and Training